Business Survey Summary
Extracts from a Survey of some local businesses in Autumn 2016.
Surveys are ongoing and will continue throughout 2017.
1. So far 24 local businesses were approached to complete the Wooler Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan questionnaire.
2. 21 questionnaires were completed.
3. The data from questionnaires was presented in spread sheet format and the information that follows is an extract from that data.
4. The number of people employed by the businesses is as follows:
118 full time
92 part time
including 10 apprenticeships (unclear whether full or part time)
5. Training is offered by 14 employers.
6. 8 employers have plans to expand, if the opportunity arises.
7. Regarding recruitment of staff 9 employers find it difficult to employ staff
The difficulties they encounter with recruitment include:
8. 12 of the local businesses made comments about what they thought would attract more businesses to Wooler. Comments include: